When it comes to moving pallets, jacks are vital for the effective and simple movement of these useful stands. But as we mentioned in a previous blog about the key factors that you have to consider when it comes between choosing between electric and manual pallet jacks there are other pros and cons to be considered. That is why we have made this blog post on the positives and negatives of each pallet jack.
Pros & Cons Of A Manual Pallet Jacks
- Comparatively less initial investment is associated with these manual pallet jacks. That is the main reason for their popularity in Australia.
- They need less attention in terms of maintenance thanks to the simplicity of the mechanism. Parts are available to make repairs easier, compared to electric jacks.
- They are the most durable version of pallet jacks. They are stronger and sturdier than the electric pallet trucks. They can carry heavier loads than the electric jacks and can assure the safety of the goods.
- Manual pallet jacks are versatile as they are compatible with loads that have many sizes, shapes and weights.
- They demand a lot of effort from the operator. They can cause injuries
- Although they are strong, the weight will be limited to the handling capacity of the operator.
Pros and Cons of Electric Pallet Jacks
- They cause remarkably less strain on the operator thanks to the powered lift.
- They are available in different capacities to handle tasks from lightweight to heavyweight.
- Electric pallet jacks can move, lift and lower the weights effortlessly.
- They are capable of saving considerable time and the operators will need fewer rest times.
- Cost is relatively higher than the manual pallet trucks.
- Demands more maintenance work and expensive replacements of parts
- Proper training is essential for operators
Be sure that you go through all the facts and decide what the best option is. In most cases, facilities use both of these pallet truck versions to meet their targets. If you are looking for more information regarding pallet jacks, you can speak to the logistics experts here at Freight Broker Australia.